[xmonad] "minimize" + "boringAuto" in Full-layout: focusUp and focusDown don't change focus

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Sun Dec 20 18:57:58 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:51:09AM +0100, Jan Vornberger wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:13:00PM -0500, Adam Vogt wrote:
> > I'm not sure that it is necessary to code anything as a workaround. You
> > could use the feature in BoringWindows which accepts messages to mark
> > specific windows as boring.
>
> That's what I was thinking, write a patch that will make X.L.Minimize
> send out messages to mark all minimized windows as boring. That should
> be a more reliable way than using boringAuto.

Or are you saying, you don't think any change of X.L.Minimize is
necessary and one could just do it all in the configuration with the
functions that BoringWindows exports?
I guess so, but I feel focus skipping of minimized windows is an
integral part of X.L.Minimize, so the module might as well do the work
itself of making sure the correct windows are marked as boring.

Cheers!

Jan