[xmonad] Re: Issue 356 in xmonad: Change or add to Actions.Search secure versions of wikipedia and isohunt.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Dec 24 00:10:18 EST 2009

Comment #1 on issue 356 by gwern0: Change or add to Actions.Search secure
versions of wikipedia and isohunt.

What exactly would going through SSL add? The Wikipedia search did in fact
use to go
through secure.w.o, but no one ever mentioned it as a good thing nor
complained when
I switched it to normal search (nor have I ever seen anyone complain about
surfraw,
for example, going through normal).

The chief benefit of SSL is secure login, but that's not particularly
germane to
searching, and not all browsers can handle SSL without hassle; elinks
won't, for example.