[xmonad] darcs patch: X.A.TopicSpace: new viewMethod field

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:13:44 EST 2009

* On Monday, December 28 2009, Brent Yorgey wrote:

>I've attached a small patch which adds a 'viewMethod' field to
>TopicSpace configs, allowing the user to choose what method (usually
>view or greedyView) is used to view workspaces. This will not break
>any configs (except for those silly enough to use an explicit
>TopicConfig constructor instead of overriding fields in the default
>config record) since the default is the same as the old behavior.
>
>-Brent

Unfortunately, the change to supply a default TopicConfig was added
shortly after 0.9.

While I can see cases where adding additional fields in the TopicConfig
record are justified, your change would be just as easily accomplished
by exporting a version of switchTopic parameterized by that function,
while accomplishing less breakage:

>  switchTopic' :: (WorkspaceId -> WindowSet -> WindowSet)
>                 -> TopicConfig
>                 -> Topic
>                 -> X ()

Do you mind sending an updated patch?