[xmonad] Selecting xinerama screen with mouse-follow

Ico xmonad at zevv.nl
Tue Jan 13 03:14:31 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm running xmonad on a two screen xinerama setup. To start a new
application (for example, xterm) on an empty screen, I need to select
this screen with keyboard commands first, then press the keys combo for
starting the terminal. If the target screen has one or more windows
already, it is sufficient to select a window on this screen by moving
the mouse, so the new application will start on that screen.

Is there a way to select an empty screen by method of 'focus my mouse'
so new applications will open on the screen where the mouse is, even if
the screen is empty so the mouse will not focus any windows already
there ?