[xmonad] xmonad 0.8.1 release candidate

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Jan 17 06:51:46 EST 2009

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 16.01.2009, 17:16 -0600 schrieb Spencer Janssen:
> Here is the first (and hopefully only) release candidate for xmonad 0.8.1.
> This version is for compatibility with GHC 6.10, and no new features are
> included.
>
> http://code.haskell.org/~sjanssen/xmonad-0.8.1.tar.gz
> http://code.haskell.org/~sjanssen/xmonad-contrib-0.8.1.tar.gz
>
> If you're on GHC 6.10.x and x86_64, please try these tarballs and the Prompt
> and Tabbed modules especially.

just a note from a xmonad packager: If possible, please include
something like "-rc" in the tarball names for release candidates, and
only publish a version "0.8.1" once – this avoids confusion and
mismatching MD5 sums.

How much time are you going to give this rc? I have to do an upload of
xmonad-contrib anyways, and I wonder if I should wait.

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner