[xmonad] Webpage information and a (practical) tour of the Xmonad Contrib in progress

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Mon Jan 26 07:29:19 EST 2009

* Ismael Carnales <icarnales at gmail.com> [2009-01-26 06:58:26-0200]
> Hello, first I want to adress that dmenu and gmrun (both in the
> default keybindings and dmenu mentioned in the guided tour) are not
> listed as related tools in the download webpage
> (http://xmonad.org/download.html), i think they belong there.
>
> Secondly I'm starting a doc that pretends to be a guided tour
> lookalike of some of the XMonad Contrib, I'm starting this mainly
> because I think it's very difficult for newcomers to discover what
> extra features XMonad provides. Haddock documentation is pretty useful
> when you know what you are looking for, but when you're looking around
> to find if some feature is implemented already, the way that the
> documentation is indexed (by alphabetical order) doesn't help much.
>
> The in progress document is located here
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/XMonadContribTour and all are welcomed
> to contribute/comment/correct/etc.

Great idea, but I'm not sure about the style.
Why not just give list of modules and problems, which they solve? It
would be much easier to update when new modules are released.
OTOH what you're doing is more like Tips and tricks, why not to add it
to apropriate page [1]?

  1. http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/General_xmonad.hs_config_tips
--
Roman I. Cheplyaka (aka Feuerbach @ IRC)