[xmonad] workspace switching and Xinerama

wirtwolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:06:09 EST 2009

Karl Hasselström wrote:
> 2. Currently, I've bound mod-Right/Left and ctrl-mod-Right/Left to
>    switching to the next Xinerama screen and the next visible window
>    in that direction:
>
>      import qualified XMonad.Actions.CycleWS as CWS
>      import qualified XMonad.Layout.WindowNavigation as WN
>
>            , ((modMask x,                 xK_Right), CWS.nextScreen)
>            , ((modMask x,                  xK_Left), CWS.prevScreen)
>            , ((modMask x .|. controlMask, xK_Right), sendMessage $ WN.Go WN.R)
>            , ((modMask x .|. controlMask, xK_Left ), sendMessage $ WN.Go WN.L)
>
>    However, what I'd like to do is have just one binding for these two
>    tasks, so that mod-Right would switch focus to the next window to
>    the right until it reached the edge of the screen, and then the
>    next press would switch focus to the leftmost window on the
>    Xinerama screen to the right of the one where I just was.

Since last time, regarding your layout question, I read your request
backward
re /unfocused/focused/ I'm hesitant to reply. ;) Hopefully I have read
correctly
this time.

The Actions.WindowNavigation module moves focus and swaps windows
across screen borders directionally nicely as far as I've seen, although
it's marked experimental. (I'm running darcs version, but afaik is in
0.8 too)

regards
-- wmw