[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: Add replaceBorings to L.BoringWindows (and 4 more)

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:48:39 EST 2009

* On Monday, March 02 2009, Adam Vogt wrote:

>Tue Mar  3 01:54:49 EST 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Add replaceBorings to L.BoringWindows
>
>Tue Mar  3 01:57:01 EST 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Add Apply message to L.WindowNavigation
>
>Tue Mar  3 01:59:41 EST 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Rearrange a possibly overlapped pattern in L.Decoration

The first three are required for TabbedModifier, the replaceBorings could
be implemented as a combination of clearing the boring windows and adding
new one individualy, but this way avoids modifying the layout if theeey are
the same (causing flickering when updating the windows to be skipped).

>Tue Mar  3 02:02:51 EST 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * Add the whole TabbedModifier patch
>
>  This modifier allows you to group windows together in any layout. This patch
>  superscedes and should conflict with the previous ones that added the same
>  module.

Without this last one, this last iteration of TabbedModifier isn't much
better than what I've sent about a week ago.

I think that with the old Decoration.handleEvent, sometimes the resize /
expose message happens before the window is recognized to have a
decoration.

The solution works, its just that it might not be a good idea to introduce
more title redrawing if there is a better solution out there.

Thanks to sjanssen on irc for suggesting that the windows aren't being
drawn because X11 EventS not being handled properly.