[xmonad] New contrib module: XMonad.Layout.Spacing

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:20:08 EDT 2009

* On Thursday, May 14 2009, Brent Yorgey wrote:

>I just pushed a simple layout modifier that adds spacing around
>windows, as requested by shortlord in #xmonad.  If this isn't a poster
>module for the power of layout modifiers, I don't know what is. =)
>
>-Brent

Also note how frequently the LayoutModifier module is used:

$ grep -R 'import XMonad.Layout.LayoutModifier' * | sed 's/\.hs.*.$/.hs/' | xargs wc -l | sort
    54 Layout/Spacing.hs
    59 Layout/Named.hs
    63 Layout/SimplestFloat.hs
    79 Layout/Maximize.hs
    85 Layout/LayoutHints.hs
    86 Layout/Master.hs
    91 Layout/MagicFocus.hs
    92 Layout/WorkspaceDir.hs
   103 Layout/ShowWName.hs
   110 Layout/CenteredMaster.hs
   114 Layout/Reflect.hs
   124 Layout/BoringWindows.hs
   127 Layout/IM.hs
   127 Layout/PerWorkspace.hs
   133 Actions/MouseResize.hs
   148 Layout/Gaps.hs
   164 Layout/Magnifier.hs
   172 Layout/Monitor.hs
   201 Layout/NoBorders.hs
   209 Layout/WindowArranger.hs
   231 Layout/WindowNavigation.hs
   236 Hooks/ManageDocks.hs
   430 Layout/Decoration.hs
   450 Layout/SubLayouts.hs
   503 Hooks/DynamicLog.hs
  4191 total

L.Named used to about 10 lines shorter (before the addition of nameTail),
so that one must be even more convincing than L.Spacing.  =)

Adam