[xmonad] XMonad 0.9 on Ubuntu Karmic

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Wed Nov 11 10:57:20 EST 2009

For anyone who wants XMonad 0.9 on Ubuntu Karmic and wants to avoid
cabal install, I've conveniently put the package from debian sid on my
[Personal Package Archive], on launchpad. I've also made a relatively
useless [blog post] about it. To get it, do the following:

    $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:justinbogner/ppa
    $ sudo apt-get update
    $ sudo apt-get install xmonad libghc6-xmonad-dev libghc6-xmonad-contrib-dev

unreleased dzen2 from SVN with clickable areas is also packaged up in
there.

[Personal Package Archive]: https://launchpad.net/~justinbogner/+archive/ppa
[blog post]: http://blogner.ca/posts/xmonad-0.9