[xmonad] adding an existing workspace with DynamicWorkspaces?

Daniel Schoepe daniel.schoepe at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:10:55 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:40:35AM -0500, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> Does anyone actually rely on this behavior?  Or is it
> OK if I fix it so that calling addWorkspace with the name of a
> workspace that already exists is a no-op?

Even if someone did rely on this, I would still consider it broken
behavior, since StackSet seems to make the implicit assumption that
there is at most 1 workspace with a given name. (E.g. lookupWorkspaces
returns a `Maybe i' instead of a list)

So I think that consistently we either have to change those things in
StackSet or fix DynamicWorkspaces in the way you suggested, even if it
breaks one or two configs. For what it's worth, I think the latter
would be somewhat more sane.