[xmonad] [jv@informatik.uni-bonn.de: xmonad entry for HCAR November 2009]

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Nov 16 14:22:54 EST 2009

Can someone revise the HCAR entry?

----- Forwarded message from Janis Voigtländer <jv at informatik.uni-bonn.de> -----

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:14:46 +0100
From: Janis Voigtländer <jv at informatik.uni-bonn.de>
To: dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Subject: xmonad entry for HCAR November 2009

Dear Don,

The xmonad entry for the Haskell Communities and Activities Report is
already quite old. I had hoped for an updated entry for the upcoming
edition. If you let me know, there is still a bit of time to produce a
revision. For reference, below is the old entry.

Best regards,
Janis.

\begin{hcarentry}{xmonad}
\label{xmonad}
\report{Don Stewart}%05/08
\status{active development}
\makeheader

xmonad is a tiling window manager for X. Windows are arranged
automatically to tile the screen without gaps or overlap, maximizing
screen use. Window manager features are accessible from the keyboard: a
mouse is optional. xmonad is written, configured, and extensible in
Haskell. Custom layout algorithms, key bindings, and other extensions may
be written by the user in config files. Layouts are applied
dynamically, and different layouts may be used on each workspace.
Xinerama is fully supported, allowing windows to be tiled on several
physical screens.

The new release 0.7 of xmonad added full support for the GNOME and KDE
desktops, and adoption continues to grow, with binary packages of xmonad
available for all major distributions.

\FurtherReading
\begin{compactitem}
\item Homepage: