[xmonad] Re: Issue 316 in xmonad: AvoidStruts gives wrong window heights with vertically stacked screens

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Nov 26 19:15:48 EST 2009

Comment #4 on issue 316 by liskni.si: AvoidStruts gives wrong window
heights with vertically stacked screens

After a discussion on IRC with sjanssen I sent a mail to wm-spec-list about
this
issue and a cleaner solution was proposed. However, nobody else except me
and the one
behind the proposal has commented on this, and I suppose it takes weeks to
get a
proposal through to wm-spec. If that eventually happens, I'll provide
patches for
xmonad and xmobar. At that point, this hack might be dropped, but the
original
behaviour needs to be fixed, anyhow, so we may as well leave it.

If anyone's interested, this is the relevant thread on wm-spec-list:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.wm-spec/1531/focus=1772