[xmonad] Issue 345 in xmonad: Xmonad causing emacs --daemon crash

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Nov 28 01:38:40 EST 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 345 by JCPetkovich: Xmonad causing emacs --daemon crash

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. run: "emacs --daemon" in a terminal
2. run: "emacsclient -c" in a terminal
3. close the client window created
4. run: "emacsclient -c" in a terminal, and the emacs daemon will crash

The daemon shouldn't crash when trying to connect to it with a client. I
have noted that this does NOT happen when using KDE, only when using
xmonad. This is what lead me to believe that xmonad was the problem.

emacs 23.1
gentoo kernel 2.6.29-gentoo-r5
xmonad 0.9

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".
[me at linux-box .xmonad] % xmonad --recompile
[me at linux-box .xmonad] %

I am going to try using xmonad from within KDE to see if it has the same
issue as soon as I have the time.

Attachments:
	xmonad_standard.hs  4.2 KB