[Fwd: Re: [xmonad] suprised: tiling is never used]

Anton Erdman tentaclius at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 04:40:13 EDT 2009

If You found yourself never used tiled mode, maybe You should try manual
tiling window manager, like Stumpwm or Musca or Ion...

But I came to XMonad after years of using manual tiling wm and now i
enjoy the automatic tiling layout. Especially with LimitWindows
modifier...

Sometimes I would like to have a possibility to split a screen manually.
Maybe there is a layout, that i didn't find in the XMonad collection,
with such possibilities? (I tried DragPane, TwoPane, Combo... It's cool,
but not exactly what i mean...)

PS to Chengqi Song: sorry for accidental sending private message.

В Чтв, 08/10/2009 в 16:17 +0800, Chengqi Song пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using XMonad for a long time, about one year by now. But
I've just
> found that I almost never used tiling layout.
>
> The windows in my xmonad are always either maximized or floating.
Because