[xmonad] Automatically move Firefox download dialog

Omari Norman omari at smileystation.com
Thu Sep 3 08:07:11 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

When I download a file in Firefox, it pops up a download dialog box
where I can pick the location I want the file saved to. It pops up too
far to the lower-right corner of my screen, so that I have to drag the
dialog box up a bit just so I can see the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons.

Is there a way to automatically move this box so that it is in a better
location in my screen? I figure this would involve some sort of
ManageHook; I read this

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/General_xmonad.hs_config_tips#Managing_Windows_aka_Manage_Hooks

but can't see how I would tell XMonad to move a window the way I can
with the mouse.

Thanks for your help!
Omari