[xmonad] Issue 314 in xmonad: Investigate merging SmartBorders to core

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Sep 9 18:26:09 EDT 2009

Owner: SpencerJanssen
Labels: Milestone-Release0.9 Type-Enhancement

New issue 314 by SpencerJanssen: Investigate merging SmartBorders to core

Enabling the SmartBorders extension is the first step we suggest users take
to make proper borderless fullscreen floating windows work.

However, SmartBorders has a few problems:

  * It depends on LayoutModifier, which is a rather ugly bit of code.  It
would need some help to be up to core's standard of elegance, I think.
  * SmartBorder's behavior on non-floating windows may be controversial.

An alternative is to remove the fullscreen floating logic from SmartBorders
and implement it directly in core.  This has the annoyance of being less
general, but will probably be simpler.

Comments solicited.