[xmonad] Problem with Integration with Gnome

Andrew Barilla andrew at exit66.com
Fri Sep 25 14:11:59 EDT 2009

I have Xmonad setup with Gnome following the guide in the Xmonad wiki
including disabling Nautilus. However, when I first login, I get numerous
Nautilus windows repeatedly opening up. I have to open up a terminal and run
'killall nautilus' repeatedly until new ones stop opening up and then
they'll slowly close one by one.

Any ideas on what's going on?

I double checked my gconf settings with gconf-editor and the settings match
the wiki.  However, I still have the same gnome background if that's a hint
to what's going on.