[xmonad] Re: Re: xmonad Digest, Vol 37, Issue 4

Jan Vornberger Jan.Vornberger at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Thu Apr 8 17:08:18 EDT 2010

Hi!

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:37:51PM +0200, Alejandro Serrano Mena wrote:
> My experience with decorations is mostly great. I only have one problem:
> when I click maximize (most of the times because of I miss the close button
> and click maximize instead) the decoration seems to appear behind the
> window, and only the "menu" button is shown, so I have to enter the menu to
> de-maximize it. Even more, when I maximize a window, it does not expand to
> the entire window.

Just a guess, but maybe you need to switch your chain of LayoutModifiers
around. Make sure decoration is applied _after_ maximize, because
otherwise the decoration will always appear where the un-maximized
window would be. See Config.Bluetile for an example.

> Some times I've seen some left-over title bars, mostly when switching a
> window to another workspace. But it does not happen frequently. For me, it
> only happens when I try to open Eclipse, and then think I should switch it
> to another workspace, so I move the initial window to the another workspace,
> but then the "loading" window disappears and only a title bar is left. Maybe
> some race condition between showing the title bar and closing the window.

Thx for your input. Hopefully this can be tracked down at some point.

Cheers!
Jan