[xmonad] Re: XMC: tests/* no longer compiles

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 23:02:38 EDT 2010

* On Friday, April 16 2010, Max Rabkin wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The QC 1 v 2 errors aside, they seem to be quite bitrotten eg. for
>> test_Selective.hs
>
>AFAIR, these tests work if the appropriate symbols are exported, but
>those symbols are not appropriate for export for general use. I don't
>know of a good way around this.
>
>--Max

I've done some CPP to work around that: we already use some to toggle
xft support, so it can't be too bad to enable it on a file-by-file
basis, right?

GHCi can load modules while disregarding module exports (:m *Module),
which could be accessed from the ghc-api too (see
InteractiveEval.setContext), but I was unable to load all the prop_
functions defined in another module as if they had been specified in
that interactive session. I'm not aware that other projects use this
approach for tests however.

Also added is a script to collect prop_ functions and run them all
together in a generated script, with some instructions how to run it:
perhaps it could be extended to look at comments (extracted with
haskell-src-exts), from the modules in XMonad/*

--
Adam