[xmonad] Weird behavior in Combo[P] and IM to do with "master"

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 18 08:31:52 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 03:37:57PM +0300, Alex Rozenshteyn wrote:
> I mention these both in the same query because I think this behavior has to
> do with the way each of them handles master windows, and the concept of
> "master" in XMonad is something I don't understand very well.

There is no special concept of master in xmonad, really.  It's just
that some layouts treat the first window in the stack in some sort of
special, distinguished way.  That's it.  The xmonad core knows nothing
about this really, it just maintains a stack of windows.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the particular layouts you're
having trouble with, hopefully someone else can address the specific
issues.

-Brent