[xmonad] Can't view youtube video full screen!

Lewis Cawthorne llcawthorne at archlinux.us
Sat Jan 2 18:08:39 EST 2010

Thanks for reminding me to fix fullscreen Flash on my laptop real quick!

The same solution mentioned elsewhere in this thrad (isFullscreen -->
doFullFloat) has given me normal Flash fullscreening on two other
machines (and now on a third).  isFullscreen and doFullFloat are from
the XMonad.Hooks.ManageHelpers.

Here's more details on the functions and associated import, along with a
simple example:
http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Hooks-ManageHelpers.html

In the example, you can obviously ignore the KDE something and the
'stalonetray' and transcience of the example.  You do not necessarily
need to use ComposeOne either (isFullscreen and doFullFloat work with
ComposeAll just fine).  'transience' is also not necessary to solve the
Flash problem.

If this doesn't fix it, post back here for more help and/or file a bug
report.  The last two bug reports on this have been closed though (one
was a duplicate, and the other was decided as a non-issue since it was
fixable through this method).  [Bugs #226, #261].  Another related bug
report (#313) indicates that these functions (isFullscreen and
doFullFloat) should be in Core come version 1.0 rather than requiring an
import.

Either way, hopefully adding (isFullscreen --> doFullFloat) to
ManageHook (after the associated import) can fix the problem of the two
people that have posted issues with fullscreen Flash and the like.

Lewis Cawthorne