[xmonad] Several new modules (patch flood)

Quentin Moser moserq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:45:52 EST 2010

I just discovered Adam Vogt's XMonad.Layout.SubLayouts module, which
seems to do pretty much exactly the same thing as my
XMonad.Layout.Groups module. I _did_ spend several dozen minutes
looking through the xmonad-comtrib modules to see if no-one had
implemented this before, but I missed it (of course, there's no way a
mere hour could be enough to find a module in xmonad-contrib >>). Big
"doh" moment.

Anyway, I'm planning on taking a serious look at SubLayouts, seeing in
what ways it differs from my own module, and posting an update once
I've figured things out; these two modules are definitely too similar
for one not to absorb the other.

If Adam has comments to make about this, I'm also all ears.

For now, my patches can definitely be merged, but X.L.Groups should be
considered an unstable interface. The rest won't change even if I move
to X.L.SubLayouts (well, except that X.L.Groups.Examples might get a
name change).

Q. Moser