[xmonad] Importing Stackset qualified

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 18:02:06 EDT 2010

Hello Gwern,

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> XMonad.Operations is very rarely imported, it seems:

It's re-exported by XMonad, if you check here:
http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad/src/XMonad.html

So whenever you have an import of XMonad.Operations, you can put an
import of XMonad, if you don't mind bringing very many more names into
scope.

> hunk ./XMonad/Actions/GroupNavigation.hs 32
> -import Control.Monad
> hunk ./XMonad/Actions/GroupNavigation.hs 35
> -import Data.Maybe
> hunk ./XMonad/Actions/GroupNavigation.hs 41
> -import XMonad.Operations
> +import XMonad.Operations (windows, withFocused)
>
> I don't know how those unnecessary imports got past -Wall, but I'm
> removing them while I'm at it.

Which ghc do you use? Perhaps the imports are redundant, but
ghc-6.12.1 here doesn't say so.

> Unfortunately Adam, this change would conflict with your 'Use cabal's
> cpp macros to restore containers-0.2 compatiblity' patch. So perhaps
> we should move on that patch?

That patch is obsolete: we settled on a different patch that
accomplished the same without CPP. I suppose I should have marked it
as such on darcswatch.

> (Once Operations imports are dealt with, I can look into fixing up the
> StackSet imports. I'd like a uniform approach which we could put into
> the hacking guidelines.)

Agreed: I'd like to see things consistent, though it's a rather low
priority for me.

--
Adam