[xmonad] Re: darcs patches for tiled hinted mplayer with fullscreen working

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Thu Nov 4 11:18:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 05:04:57PM -0400, Adam Vogt wrote:
> * On Tuesday, July 06 2010, Tomas Janousek wrote:
> >> Tue Jul  6 20:59:25 CEST 2010  Tomas Janousek <tomi-YoqI/XImC7s at public.gmane.org>
> >>   * X.L.LayoutHints: event hook to refresh on hints change
> >
> >Without this patch, aspect ratio is respected only after a focus change or
> >explicit refresh. That's annoying.
>
> I've pushed the second patch.

Sadly, after using that patch for some time, I found that it slows down xmonad
considerably, as rxvt-unicode updates size hints several times on every size
change (for no reason at all, the hints stay the same). I solved that issue by
adding
    whenX (runQuery (className =? "MPlayer") w) $ refresh

A cleaner solution might be caching the hints using ExtensibleState and
calling refresh only if they change. What do you think?

Regards,
--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/