[xmonad] A special 'normal' WM-ish virtual desktop

Joseph Garvin joseph.h.garvin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:26:20 EDT 2010

What would be the easiest way to setup having a specific virtual desktop act
more like a traditional WM? Most of the time I want tiling, but occasionally
a coworker will want to show me something in a multi-windowed app and be at
a loss as to how to move things around, resize, etc. It'd be nice to just be
able to switch over to a desktop that acts like a regular window manager and
have them use that. Alternatively, if there's a way to setup a key combo to
switch between tiled mode and normal-WM mode, that might even be better. I'm
sure this is possible since bluetile does it, but I'm not sure how to put it
together.