[xmonad] ppVisible with 3 screens

Felix Blanke felixblanke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 04:39:02 EDT 2010

Hi Adam,

the problem with your example is that my screen 1 is in the middle. That's why I want
to see the workspace on screen 2 at the begin, then screen 1 and then screen 3.
Norbert wants to have a look at those functions if he has some time.

If I have the sorting in that way I wouldn't need that coloring anymore :) The
sorting is a mutch nicer solution I think.

Regards,
Felix

On 05. October 2010 - 01:59, Adam Vogt wrote:
> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 01:59:40 -0400
> From: Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
> To: Felix Blanke <felixblanke at gmail.com>
> Cc: xmonad at haskell.org
> Subject: Re: [xmonad] ppVisible with 3 screens
>
> * On Monday, October 04 2010, Felix Blanke wrote:
>
> >But like I said: I'm a haskell noob. When I understand those functions right the
> >getXineramaWsCompare creates a ranking where the visible workspaces get the
> >smallest id and mkWsSort then sorts that output.
> >
> >I have to thing about that how to change that ranking to get them in the right order.
> >

> >Regards,
> >Felix
>
> Hello Felix,
>
> Perhaps you've missed in the same module:
>
> -- |
> -- Workspace logger with a format designed for Xinerama:
> --
> -- > [1 9 3] 2 7
> --
> -- where 1, 9, and 3 are the workspaces on screens 1, 2 and 3, respectively,
> -- and 2 and 7 are non-visible, non-empty workspaces.
> dynamicLogXinerama :: X ()
>
> Or look at modifying pprWindowSetXinerama slightly in order to color
> those items differently.
>
> --
> Adam
---end quoted text---