[xmonad] Re: Issue 177 in xmonad: xmonad does not follow ICCCM and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Oct 7 10:28:15 EDT 2010

Comment #48 on issue 177 by ml.nwgreen: xmonad does not follow ICCCM and
ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

Sorry for any ignorance revealed by this comment but...  Not used to darcs
or haskell.  However, I applied the patch from Comment 33 with
darcs apply <patchname>.dpatch
Then ran Setup with configure/build/install
Then restarted xmonad (and later did a full reboot just to be sure).
I still have the following behavior in netbeans / jvi
click in editor
hit : (bring up seperate command subwindow that gets focus)
hit escape or enter (closing command window)
cursor is gone, only way back to editor is by cilcking inside it, which of
course renders netbeans / jvi unusable...

A) Is this the problem the patch was supposed to solve?
and
B) If so, any ideas as to why it is not solved?