[xmonad] Issue 412 in xmonad: Using a compositing manager shifts windows 2px to top and left

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 8 05:18:23 EDT 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 412 by DaPatti: Using a compositing manager shifts windows 2px to
top and left

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start XMonad
2. Start cairo-compmgr or xcompmgr

Instead of their normal positioning, windows are shifted to the top left a
bit so that the borders on the top and left aren’t visible anymore. As soon
as I kill the compositing manager, the windows are repositioned correctly.

XMonad 0.9.1; Arch Linux x86_64. Tried with cairo-compmgr-git and xcompmgr.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

The only relevant part might be borderWidth = 2. I don’t use FadeInactive
or things like that. No messages on xmonad --recompile.