[xmonad] Xterm urgency hint

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Fri Oct 8 13:44:10 EDT 2010

Sergey Alirzaev [2010.10.08 1806 +0400]:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 16:45, Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca> wrote:
> > I seem to remember that some of you xmonad users are also running arch
> > linux, which is my newest distro of choice.  Has anyone here run into
> > the problem that xterm ignores the bellIsUrgent flag?  No matter what I
> > do, all I hear is a beep, but the urgency hint is not set for the
> > window.
> As far as i remember, xmonad clears urgency hints for the visible windows.

Indeed, it does.  But to test it, I simply did

sleep 2; echo -e "\a"

then switched to a different workspace so the window was not visible.
Then I heard the beep, but did not receive any urgency notification.
The setup from xmonad's side that I am using right now is the exact same
that did work over the last few months, but somewhere along the road, it
seems that an xterm upgrade messed things up.

N.

--

()  ascii ribbon campaign  -  against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org    -  against proprietary attachments