[xmonad] Re: Issue 242 in xmonad: inter screen handling doesn't work with xrandr --right-of, works with --left-of

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Oct 28 15:26:04 EDT 2010

Comment #1 on issue 242 by nwfilardo: inter screen handling doesn't work
with xrandr --right-of, works with --left-of

At least on my ThinkPad X200, the problem is that the LVDS output is not by
default the primary display.  It appears that the particular xinerama calls
xmonad makes do not enumerate displays in left-to-right order but in some
other order (as might be obvious, I'm not an expert at X11).  Try
running "xrandr --output LVDS --primary"; then -w should be the LVDS panel
and -e should be the VGA output.