[xmonad] No Keyboard to Dialogs in Netbeans with XMonad

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 13:36:05 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Most times pop-up dialogs in Netbeans don't accept any keyboard input but
they do respond to mouse input. I have to close and open them several times
before a cursor shows up. I used the documented setWMName hack [1] to get
around the Java grey screen issue. I am running Netbeans 6.9 and Xmonad
0.9.1.

thanks!
-deech

main = xmonad $ defaultConfig {
                                focusFollowsMouse = False ,
                                XMonad.keys = newKeys,
                                layoutHook = showWName mylayoutHook ,
                                terminal="gnome-terminal",
                                startupHook = setWMName "LG3D" -- get around
Java grey screen issue
                              }