[xmonad] better combineTwoP and Property

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 23:26:13 CEST 2011

* On Friday, April 08 2011, proxym wrote:

>I modified combineTwoP and Property.
>http://hpaste.org/45435/combinetwoqb
>New name is combineTwoQB
>
>Now windows use full screen space always! (It was bug in combineTwoP,
>when all windows are in one pane only)
>
>Now you can use IsDialog property to detect dialog windows.
>
>Version with simplified config: http://hpaste.org/45439/combinetwoqb

Hi,

What do users of Combo currently think of the differences here? I could
believe that somebody might like the old behavior (less resizing, the
windows look bad when they are full-width, etc.), but do people prefer this
for such reasons?

Regardless of whether or not the default ComboP should follow this changed
behavior, the common code means that one should probably be written in terms of
the other.

--
Adam