[xmonad] Determining layout based on display properties

Samir Unni srunni at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:23:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a way to change the workspace layout based on the
properties of the display (i.e., resolution). I'm trying to use a three
column layout when my laptop is using an external monitor, but a two column
layout when I'm using the built-in display.

This doesn't have to be dynamic - if the workspace layouts are set once when
xmonad is launched based on which monitors are in use, that would be fine.

Thanks,

Samir Unni