[xmonad] Dynamic xmobar spawning

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 03:50:35 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Ben Boeckel <mathstuf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get XMonad to spawn an xmobar for each monitor based on the
> current number of montiors that are present. This includes spawning new
> instances when monitors appear and tearing them down when they're taken
> offline[1]. I've gotten most of the logic done (on a branch that I've
> neglected to push from my work machines yet) and it involves some code
> from adamvo's config[3] including getScreens, multiPP, and
> mergePPOutputs which would indeed be good to get into contrib.

Good to see those parts of my config are useful. I think those functions didn't
end up in contrib since at the time I wasn't sure if those definitions could be
improved by either (1) being simpler to use or (2) being less restrictive.

I believe Tomas Janousek also has something similar in his configuration,
though I don't recall where to find it.

Cheers,
Adam