[xmonad] zaphod mode

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:56:39 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:23, Martin Carroll <
martin.carroll at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> Forgive me for asking a question that has probably been asked already, but
> I cannot find the answer:
>
> Is it possible to get xmonad to work with zaphod mode?
>
> I specifically need the ability to associate each xmonad workspace with a
> different CRTC.  Is that possible?

The default behavior is that each monitor shows a different workspace and
workspaces can move between monitors.  The IndependentScreens module allows
you to have a linked set of workspaces across monitors instead.  You cannot
"tie" a workspace to a specific monitor, though.  Nor can you have each
screen be managed separately; this is a function of the X server, and it
looks like that functionality was removed from XRandR.