[xmonad] Ditching Gnome

Felix Blanke felixblanke at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 00:23:38 CET 2011

Hi,

1) There is a software called trayer. It's a leightwight GTK+ based systray. Easy to
use :) Just install and start it with the options you need (see manpage).

2) Well, it will be in trayer. Is that a problem?!

3) How can you launch applications there?! There is a tool called dmenu. If you start
that, you can type in the begging of a command and it will show you all applications
in the path which match.

4) I don't know if that is possible. Never needed it so I've never searched for it. I
think that is useless as hell o0

5+6) xmobar. You can put date, time and some system statistics in it. If you find a
CLI tool which reports the whether to the stdout you can even put the wether to
xmobar :)

Felix