[xmonad] Issue 435 in xmonad: no longer possible to bind actions to mod2Mask + key

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Feb 13 04:07:51 CET 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 435 by pluni... at gmail.com: no longer possible to bind actions to
mod2Mask + key

It no longer seems possible to bind an action to mod2Mask + any key, or to
configure xmonad to treat a key differently depending on whether the
NumLock modifier is on.

I believe this issue may be related to issue #120.

Note that the template xmonad.hs as of 0.9.1 said the following, noting that
   the ability "to treat numlock status separately" was a feature, and I
agree that users should be able to do so if they choose:
-- Set numlockMask = 0 if you don't have a numlock key, or want to treat
-- numlock status separately.

To reproduce (modified from xmonad.hs template):

myNumlockMask   = 0

     -- ... (in keys)
     , ((mod2Mask .|. mod4Mask, xK_KP_Home), spawn "exe=`dmenu_path | dmenu`
&& eval \"exec $exe\"")
     , ((mod4Mask, xK_KP_Home), spawn "gmrun")
     -- ...

0.9.1 behavior (0.9.1-2build2 on Ubuntu 10.10):
   NumLock off: Pressing mod4-KP_Home runs gmrun
   NumLock on : Pressing mod4-KP_7 runs dmenu, as expected.

darcs behavior:
   NumLock off: Pressing mod4-KP_Home runs gmrun
   NumLock on : Pressing mod4-KP_7 runs gmrun, not dmenu. The user with the
above config would expect dmenu.