[xmonad] Issue 425 in xmonad: XMonad.Layout.LayoutHints serious bugs

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Jan 2 16:38:32 CET 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 425 by kevind... at gmail.com: XMonad.Layout.LayoutHints serious bugs

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. import XMonad.Layout.LayoutHints
2. layoutHook = avoidStruts $ layoutHintsToCenter(noFrillsDeco shrinkText
myTheme (Tall 1 0.05 0.5)),
3. <try switching focus several times>

It's expected to try to fill gaps without creating overlaps, but instead it
creates lots of overlaps between each window and decoration of the next
window, plus after some switching of focus windows get needless resizing,
then sometimes totally wrong, overlapping layout and finally, disappearance
of windows with disappearance of their processes.

xmonad 0.9.1
Linux 2.6.32-27-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 1 23:52:12 UTC 2010 i686

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".
Yes. Afraid to check for output now since browser window could be taken off
as well. At least there were no error window.

I remember that before, when I tried subj with simpler config, there was
only one problem: it overlapped each window with next window's 2-pixel
thick border.