[xmonad] A few issues with xmonad I'd like to fix

Laurent Humblet laurent.humblet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:47:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your mail.

http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Layout-LayoutCombinators.html#7

I was more looking for a small script snippet but I'll dig a bit more ;)

 >> 2) When I ALT-TAB once and release ALT and TAB, I like to go back to
 >> the previous window in the stack instead of going forward again, is
 >> this possible ?
 >
 > don't understand the request

Forget about this, it's an old Windows habit that I have and it actually
doesn't really translate into xmonad now that I think about it.

 >> 3) Is there any bypass or automatic script that could do the "# cat
 >> /proc/####/fd/4" thing automatically when xmonad freezes?
 >
 > Wouldn't it be better to just avoid having xmonad freeze, instead? It
 > looks like you're sending output to xmobar; does xmobar have a
 > PipeReader working? Could you paste your .xmobarrc somewhere for us
 > to take a look at?

Of course, here is my .xmobarrc:

	http://pastebin.com/DNzRKyWf

 > http://braincrater.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/announcing-xmonad-light/

Interesting.

 > In any case, it will help immensely to open up xev, whack your 6 and
 > 8 keys, and take a look at the output there.

Here is the xev output for those two keys (6 = § and 8 = !)

	http://pastebin.com/sggScfeN

Thank you for your time,
Laurent