[xmonad] XMonad-like environment on Windows?

Lithis xmonad at selg.hethrael.org
Fri Jun 3 00:37:34 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011/06/02 18:19:58 -0400, Don Stewart wrote:
> For work purposes it looks like I'll be doing a lot of FP
> hacking on Windows.  Does anyone have advice on the best
> way to make Windows as close to XMonad as possible? I
> don't want to lose my productivity edge ... ;)

I use WinSplit Revolution, freely available at
http://www.winsplit-revolution.com/ . It leaves a lot to be
desired when compared to xmonad, but it’s better than stock
Windows.

There’s also a commercial application called Divvy at
http://www.mizage.com/divvy/ , but I’ve never used it.

Windows 7 has a few keyboard shortcuts by default that help,
such as Win+Left or Win+Right to make a window fill the left
or right half of the screen. Microsoft has a list at
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Keyboard-shortcuts ;
the shortcuts I listed above, as well as related functions,
are under the Windows logo key keyboard shortcuts.