[xmonad] More restricted version of XMonad.Actions.UpdatePointer

Weeble clockworksaint at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 03:56:55 CET 2011

Right now I use updatePointer to move the pointer to the focused
window. The main scenario where I want this is when I'm switching
between windows with the keyboard and then decide to use the mouse for
something - it can then be surprising that the mouse pointer is in a
window without keyboard focus and that I need to move it out and back
in again to get it back. However, there are various situations where
it triggers when I don't want it, especially with applications that
try to be clever with lots of small floating windows. I would quite
like to restrict it only to trigger when I issue a MOD+J or MOD+K
command to xmonad. Is that possible? Perhaps I can just rebind those
keys in some way to roll in the pointer moving behaviour, and not
bother with updatePointer?