[xmonad] darcs permissions error?

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:50:42 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Brent Yorgey's message of Tue Mar 29 16:20:58 -0600 2011:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 05:55:38PM -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> > > I tried pushing a patch to the xmonad-contrib repo today and got the
> > > following error:
> > >
> > >  darcs: takeLock /home/srv/code/XMonadContrib/_darcs/lock in
> > >  /home/srv/code/XMonadContrib: atomic_create
> > >  /home/srv/code/XMonadContrib/_darcs/lock in
> > >  /home/srv/code/XMonadContrib: permission denied (Permission denied)
> > >
> > > Anyone have any ideas about the cause?
> >
> > Remains from the hack attack of c.h.o. Apparently no one has verified
> > XMC was not tampered with and has made it writable. This has been
> > causing trouble for weeks/months.
>
> I see.  So who has the ability/permission to do this?
>
> -Brent

I believe keys are unchanged, so committers can ssh in and remove the
lock. I suppose since it's readable someone's diffed it with an
uncorrupted version and determined no one messed with it.

If commiters need keys reset or other support, they can email
support at community.haskell.org.

regards,
wmw