[xmonad] darcs patch: Compile with ghc7

Mats Rauhala mats.rauhala at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:36:28 CEST 2011

1 patch for repository http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib:

Wed May  4 22:24:55 EEST 2011  Mats Rauhala <mats.rauhala at gmail.com>
  * Compile with ghc7

I'm not sure if someone was already working on getting xmonad-contrib
to work with ghc7 and I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes. Until now (at least I) it wasn't possible to record changes with ghc7, because of warnings emitted by the change to ghc7. There were a couple of warnings about -fglasgow-exts, a couple of orphan instances, and a couple of warnings about useless imports (which were there for haddock!).

I doubt that this is a perfect solution, and should be checked with a
magnifying glass. There were pretty big changes to
FlexibleManipulate.hs because the `type Pnt = (Double, Double)` caused
orphan instances warning to be emitted. I hope someone would take their
time to check the changes with ghc6 so that I didn't break anything
with it. Gwen gave me a couple of tips, but there might be something
else also.