[xmonad] Issue 451 in xmonad: Problem with popping up gnome menu with a hotkey

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun May 8 23:23:20 CEST 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 451 by victor.g... at gmail.com: Problem with popping up gnome menu
with a hotkey

gnomeRun() from XMonad.Config.Gnome works, but after replacing
_GNOME_PANEL_ACTION_RUN_DIALOG to _GNOME_PANEL_ACTION_MAIN_MENU (I want to
popu up menu) there is no menu.

I'm attaching a trivial program (in C) that pop-ups menu if compiled with
-DMAIN_MENU and run-dialog otherwise.

I'm spawning that program from xmonad: ("M-<F1>",
spawn "/path/to/gnome-popup").

Results:
MAIN_MENU version works only if there is a delay before sending X message.
Without delay there is no menu.

I'm not sure, but maybe it is some bug in xmonad, because I don't
understand, why we need this delay, so I'm reporting it here.

Attachments:
	gnome-popup.c  777 bytes