[xmonad] Gnome3 and xmonad

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Mon May 23 07:33:56 CEST 2011

> JP> User menu -> System Settings -> System Info -> Graphics -> Forced Fallback Mode.
>
> That doesn't work for me :)

Even after restarting your gnome session?

> JP> Alternatively one can set a fallback or xmonad session with gsettings
> JP> (which is comparable to the gconf setting to change window manager in gnome2).
>
> Oh, that's not on the wiki, could you explain how to do it?

Well, I think it is better to use "gnome-session --session=xmonad", which
I think overrides the dconf org.gnome.desktop.session.session-name key,
as discussed.  But anyway I thought I would just mention the key here for
completeness.

$ gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.session session-name
'gnome'
$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session session-name xmonad

(I think forcing fallback mode as above will set the key to 'gnome-fallback'.)

Jens