[xmonad] Bluetile?

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Wed Nov 2 15:15:19 CET 2011

On 11/01/2011 02:59 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> xmonad hasn't had a release in far too long (hello, dons?) but the
> modules have been in darcs for a while.

Mm.  On the one hand, that's kind of dissapointing; I'd rather not chase
HEAD.   On the other hand, it's probably silly to expect xmonad to
exceed the release discipline of the Haskell Platform.

http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

That kind of makes me shudder.

Missing the release schedule is one thing.  Missing it by five months
and not even changing the website makes me feel like nobody's home.

I'm deeply enthused by xmonad.  It seems to me I could re-assert control
over aspects of my desktop which I've been lacking since I ditched CTWM
some years ago.  But I'm concerned by the patchy maintenance patterns in
the Haskell community.   Anyone feel like discoursing on the topic?   Is
it just so good that nobody needs to fix anything? :)

- Allen S. Rout