[xmonad] darcs patch: Additional messages for SplitGrid layout (and 3 more)

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Sat Nov 12 17:03:19 CET 2011

Norbert Zeh [2011.11.10 1225 -0400]:
> 4 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib:
>
> Tue Dec 15 15:21:42 AST 2009  Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca>
>   * Additional messages for SplitGrid layout
>
>   This patch introduces two new message SetMasterRows and SetMasterCols for the
>   X.GridVariants.SplitGrid layout, which set the number of rows/columns in the
>   master grid to the given value.  This is useful when setting the number of rows
>   and/or columns non-incrementally using an interface such as GridSelect.
>
> Wed Apr  6 11:02:13 ADT 2011  Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca>
>   * Support for scratchpad applications with multiple windows
>
>   I recently found that I use xpad to add sticky notes to my desktop.  I wanted
>   to be able to show/hide these in the same fashion as regular scratchpads.  This
>   patch adds a function that allows to do this while reusing most of the existing
>   NamedScratchpad code.
>
> Wed Sep  7 10:33:04 ADT 2011  nzeh at cs.dal.ca
>   * Better control over GridVariants geometry
>
>   Added new messages the layout understands to allow changing the grid aspect
>   ratio and setting the fraction of the master to a given value rather than
>   changing it relative to the current value.
>
> Thu Nov 10 12:17:01 AST 2011  Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca>
>   * X.A.Navigation2D
>
>   This is a new module to support directional navigation across multiple screens.
>   As such it is related to X.A.WindowNavigation and X.L.WindowNavigation, but it
>   is more general.  For a detailed discussion of the differences, see
>   http://www.cs.dal.ca/~nzeh/xmonad/Navigation2D.pdf.

improvements to Navigation2D, as it seems a bit complex right now.  So, whoever
looks at this patch pack, please do not apply the X.A.Navigation2D patch.  The
other three patches should be fine, as they are minor enhancements of modules
that are already in the repo.  I hope it is possible to selectively apply a
subset of the patches I sent.  If not, let me know and I'll resend only the ones
that can be applied right now.

Cheers,
Norbert