[xmonad] Oneiric update

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 28 18:36:43 CET 2011

Quoting Toni Cebrián <ancechu at gmail.com>:

   * The volume control is missing. Perhaps this is something related
to gnome and/or unity but, how do you control volume with trayer or
any other similar program?

You might like <http://dmwit.com/volume>. I haven't updated it yet to
talk about the 0.10 release, but the instructions should be nearly
identical; the only difference is that you may use "cabal install" for
everything instead of grabbing the development versions from darcs.

   * I'm using the same configuration file that I was using with Ubuntu
11.04
(http://www.tonicebrian.com/2011/09/05/my-working-environment-with-xmonad/),but
windows do not take the full screen real state (take a look at the
attached picture where you will see a strip at the right of the screen
not filled with the thunderbird window). What could be wrong with
xmonad for not taking that space?

Is it possible that one of the things you're starting is setting a
strut along the right side of your screen? Perhaps trayer? (xprop will
answer this conclusively; send us the output of xprop after you click
on trayer and we can help you interpret the output.)

~d