[xmonad] Can't use any of the contrib modules

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.org.uk
Fri Sep 16 10:58:57 CEST 2011

I have only just started using Xmonad so apologies if this is a very
basic question.

I wanted to try out some of the modules in the contrib list. As a first
step in learning I copied this demonstration xmonad.hs from the
documentation:

-------------------------------------
    import XMonad

    import XMonad.Layout.Tabbed
    import XMonad.Layout.Accordion
    import XMonad.Layout.NoBorders

    mylayoutHook = Full ||| noBorders (tabbed shrinkText defaultTConf) ||| Accordion

    main = xmonad $ defaultConfig { layoutHook = mylayoutHook }

But when I try to recompile I get:

monad.hs:7:58: Not in scope: `defaultTConf'

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here please?

Anthony

Anthony Campbell - ac at acampbell.org.uk